Policy updated on September 09, 2021.
Inter Cookies Policy
Cookies have several purposes, such as: (i) remember user preferences and settings; (ii) determine the popularity of a content; (iii) disclose and measure advertising campaigns effectiveness; (iv) analyze website traffic and trends; and (v) understand, in general, the behaviors and interests of the people who interact with our services. But don't worry! Below we explain these purposes better.
1. About the Policy
Policy effective as of August 28, 2020.
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites, apps, digital media and ads store in your browser or device to recognize them in future visits, helping to customize your access and provide you a better experience.
Cookies have an expiration date. They can last a session, i.e. be automatically removed when you close your browser or at the end of your session (session cookies), or they can be stored in your device until they expire or when you manually clear them (persistent cookies).
In addition, cookies can be:
a) Proprietary: cookies set by the website you are currently accessing, either by us or by a third party on our behalf;
b) From third-party: cookies that are set by a third-party of the website you are accessing.
3. Types and Purposes of Cookies Used by Inter
- these cookies are necessary for our website and app to work, allowing you to browse and use their functionalities, allowing minimal resources for the provision of services you request. These cookies do not collect and do not store information about you. This category of cookies cannot be disabled because without them we are unable to provide the services or products you request.
- these cookies allow us to analyze how our services, products and communications are accessed and used, and also if they are working properly, based on your device information and browsing habits. With this information we can continuously maintain, operate and improve our services.
- these cookies help us deliver more relevant and customized ads to you, limit the number of times an advertisement appears, and ensure that you will not receive advertising for products you have already purchased, based on your preferences, the way you interact with our marketing communications and browsing habits.
4. How to Manage Cookies?
You have the right to choose if you want to accept cookies or not. However, they are an important part of the operation of our services. And so, please be aware that the refusal or deletion of cookies may affect the availability and functionality of the services and products we offer you.
Many of the cookies used in our website and e-mails can be enabled or disabled through your browser. To disable cookies in your browser, please follow the instructions usually located in the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” menus in your browser (essential cookies cannot be disabled).
5. General Provisions
The terms of this Policy may be modified at any time due to legal changes, as a result of the updating of technological tools or at our discretion, such as due to the offer of new services.
Therefore, we recommend that our customers always check the Cookies Policy in effect. If changes are significant, you will be notified and we will give you the opportunity to review the new version of the Policy before you decide to continue using our services. This includes e-mail and pop-up notifications when you are accessing the App or Website.
Your information will always be processed in compliance with this Policy. We will never reduce your rights set out in this Policy without your explicit consent and non-compliant with the Data Protection Act.
Any clause or condition of this Policy that, for any reason, is deemed void or ineffective by any court or court, will not affect the validity of the other provisions of this Policy, which will remain fully valid and binding, generating effects to the fullest extent.
This Policy is exclusively governed by the laws of the Federative Republic of Brazil, and also by any actions arising from the violation of these Terms.
Browsing our Website and App, and also the use of our banking or non-banking services, will require your express acceptance of the Cookies Policy terms and conditions in effect on the date of your use. For customers who do not agree with the Cookies Policy, we recommend that you do not browse or use our websites and services. The non-acceptance or refusal of some Cookies may prevent the perfect provision of services.
Any questions about this Policy can be discussed with our Data Protection Officer, Paulo Laurentys, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . You will receive a response within 15 days.
6. Applicable Law and Conflict Resolution
Any and all disputes arising from the terms set out in this Cookies Policy will be resolved in accordance with the Brazilian law, with the jurisdiction of the city of Belo Horizonte – MG, to the exclusion of any other, as privileged as it may be.
The use of services and/or orders requested outside the Brazilian territory, as the case may be, or those resulting from operations initiated abroad, may also be subject to the legislation and jurisdiction of the authorities of the countries where they are commanded or initiated.